<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 08, 2003

My weekend

Oooh, look. I've developed a theme. Let's hope I find a new one soon! The Amazing One and I were just girls together this weekend. The Comedian had an actual gig (YAY!) and was away from home. So, our weekend was quiet for the most part. Well, except for the Studio City Holiday Parade. The Amazing One's school chorus marched in the parade. As a proud member of said chorus, she was happy to participate. As her proud mother, I was THRILLED to participate. Even if it meant that I, too, had to march in the parade.

Have I mentioned that I hate parades? Except for the ones at Disneyland, I mean. Those are okay. Anyway, the kids were all extremely cute. With all the parents marching along, the number of paraders nearly outmatched the number of observers.

After the festivities, the Amazing One and I toasted one another with hot cocoa (homemade, mind you, not from any mix!) and watched The Pirates of the Caribbean. I am not providing a link as you very well know to what I am referring. Yo ho, me hearties. A pirate's life for me. If it comes packaged with Johnny Depp, count me in.

I mention this only because I had occasion to see part of Cutthroat Island over the weekend. Now, you may not know this film. Nor should you. It. is. bad. Not even a bourbon and cola could make it palatable. I know, I tried. I guess the programmers over at Starz thought that the Pirates blockbuster would make the viewing audience hungry for more pirate movies. Yeah. Good ones, maybe.

And, so.... another weekend gone.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?