<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 12, 2004

Always wear joy

How much do I adore Mr. X for presenting me with this book for Christmas? Words cannot express.

Susan Fales-Hill's memoir of her formative years spent under the wing of her FABULOUS diva of a mother is the best! The writing's good, of course, but the topic - none other than Miss Josephine Premice - is fantastic. Now, my own mother's no slouch in the diva department but her circle of friends did not include Miss Diahann Carrol, Miss Eartha Kitt, or - wonder of wonders - Miss Gloria Foster.

In my ongoing study of American Divas - with a special focus on the black diva - I had, of course read about Miss Josephine. But I didn't know that the French called her La Bombe and who am I to argue with the Freedom?

Bon mots de la bouche de La Bombe:

"You can wear the same thing twice, but never to the same places, or with the same people."

"Things don't just happen. Things happen just."

"No one's going to give me wrinkles."

She was, clearly, a grand diva. I love her. Follow this link to fall in love with her yourself.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?