<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Must post before I go

Surely I can't be expected to do so on my own time? And this post isn't even about items that struck my fancy today.

Yesterday, I read two articles that you should read, too. The first was on Salon.com (just look at the commercial to get a free day pass, cheapskate). This one scared the bejesus right outta me. How is the restoration of "biblical law" to our government make us any different than the Taliban? That is some scary shit, mah friends.

The second was on that venerable old Gray Lady herself - The New York Times. Registration is free but if you're reading this, you're registered already. This story restored me to equilibrium. Rather than pushing vice underground (as proposed by the subject of the Salon article) where it belongs, this guy wants to pull crime and those who perpetrate them into full view, thereby allowing us to maybe do something positive to effect change.

Read both articles for me, please.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?