<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

Technology be damned!

I was forced to recognize my family's reliance on certain modernities this week. First, our microwave just stopped working. It looked like it was operating normally, only it actually seemed to make things colder instead of actually cooking our food items. Have you ever tried to fix a kid breakfast (without relying on cold cereal) in five minutes without a microwave? No? Well, it ain't gonna happen. We actually had to plan meals and take food from the freezer the night before. It was like living in Bedrock, I tell ya.

And the topper? NO HOT WATER LAST NIGHT OR THIS MORNING! I had to get up early to heat water. Good thing I come from a long line of self-reliant and resourceful frontierswomen. Yes, I had to instruct The Amazing One on the finer points of the whore's bath. Poor baby. For those who are concerned about any possible improprieties, I just told her it was a "top and tails" wash up.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?