<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 15, 2004

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

Yesterday afternoon. I'm sorting laundry. I perform a quick search for movies on the evil Adelphia digital cable box. Ah, "The Usual Suspects" is on A&E. Oh, and it's just started. Goody.

Only not. Remember that I said it was on A&E? Well, they edit for objectionable language. Somehow, it significantly detracted from my enjoyment of the film. I mean, whoever edited it is seriously disturbed. During the first scene, when the usual suspects are in the line-up and they each have to repeat a certain phrase? Well, somehow "Fairy Godmother" doesn't convey quite the same meaning. I would have selected the time honored, "Mother Trucker." If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was laugh out loud funny. So, I got to thinking that I'd love access to the substitution database that the editors use. I looked all over the Internet to no avail. Dang. Guess, I'll just have to start my own.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?