<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

Business before pleasure

The Comedian will be appearing in what is charmingly termed a "musical stageplay" starting Wednesday and continuing through Sunday, May 9 in Los Angeles at the Wilshire Ebell Theater (where else?). The play - which I consider to be several steps above and beyond what Lala and I have been known to refer to as "honeychile" plays because we are THE-A-TAH snobs - is called I Sing 4 Luv.

In case you don't know, gospel musicals are enormously appealing to large chunks of the African-American theater-going public. This one is closer to the Vinnette Carroll tradition of Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope and Your Arms Too Short To Box With God than say, Mama, I Need Some Credit. Okay... I straight robbed The Comedian on that last one. It is not now nor has ever been an actual production. I just can't think of another title right now. See, I'm a snob. Don't act like you didn't know.

Anyway, I really like the playwright, Kenneth Lee, and selfishly hope that the play is a resounding creative and commercial success. The Amazing One and I have become oddly accustomed to having a roof over our heads.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?