<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

Mean Girls

This film is, by far, one of the best that bears a Lorne Michaels banner (I am counting Wayne's World, by the way). And I'm not just saying it because I wrote a twenty-five page paper on girls, media and relational aggression. Hysterically funny! The cast was on point but I must give a special shout out to Tim Meadows, even though he's not being The Ladies' Man, whom I adore.

The end was kind of soft, though. The leading lady got the guy and the requisite kiss, but only after she was nice. Does no one know the secret of nice-nasty? You can have what you want without putting the fear of the bitch into people and without allowing those same people to walk over you like a worn-out doormat.

I just might have to write an essay about the art and science of nice-nastiness.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?