<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

V. A. C. A. T. I. O. N.

In the summer sun. And amazingly intense humidity of Orlando, Florida. That's where I was last week, people. At Disney World. As to where I've been this week, well, I'm back at "work." I know, I know. You're thinking to yourself, "What an enormous waste of time." I couldn't agree more.

The Amazing One is off in Knoxville, Tennessee with her grandmother, The Comedian's mother, also known lovingly as Bebe. She's there for the entire month. So far, her absence has meant that I have greater access to the television and the freedom to go to the movies whenever I please. I have been bingeing. To wit:

At the cinema:

Spiderman 2 (twice, and would see it again. JAMES FRANCO!)
Fahrenheit 9/11 (go see it but take along your trusty grain of salt)
Dodgeball (again!)

On cable television:
Identity (I figured it out halfway through)
The Bourne Identity (surprisingly entertaining, can't wait for The Bourne Supremacy)
The Recruit (what is it with Al Pacino and those deadly southern accents?)
Runaway Jury (brought my Johnny Cusack up to two in a week)
Man on Fire (love the beauty that is Denzel, hated the final third of the film)

In between sweltering in the crack of Satan's Ass (that's what The Comedian calls Florida), work, and almost nonstop movie watching. I have been READING. Surprised? Why? It is FUNdamental, you know.

So far...

Caucasia by Danzy Senna (great coming of age story)
The Good House by Tananarive Due (really well done horror. LOVED IT!)

Next up...

Ilium by Dan Simmons
The Known World by Edward P. Jones (a re-read for the book club)
Bound for the Promised Land: Harriet Tubman: Portrait of an American Hero by Kate Clifford Larson (I do read non-fiction, you know)





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?